We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment :
- that is conducive to the education of our students by protecting life and property;
- by the investigation and prevention of crime;
- and by providing assistance to all persons in need, in a manner that promotes confidence in our department throughout our diverse campus community.
We are dedicated to providing a quality work environment, developing our members through training and leadership, and promoting the affirmative action goals of the University.
We are divided into three divisions:
- Patrol Division— investigating crimes, investigating traffic accidents, responding to emergencies, enforcing traffic laws and parking regulations, inspecting the security of buildings, coordinating special events, operating a communications center, monitoring fire and security alarms, money escorts, serving subpoenas and court papers, testifying in court, maintaining police records and lost and found.
- Detective Division—conducts detailed investigations into criminal complaints and prepares criminal cases for prosecution.
- Community Policing Division— forges partnerships between the police and members of the University community. These partnerships identify problems and implement permanent solutions, thereby enhancing the quality of life on campus.